National Certificate in Plumbing
Plumbing course is aimed at producing Plumbers who are relevant to the industry and world of work. It is trainee-centered and practical-based. It emphasizes acquisition of skills by the trainees, through practical learning, projects and Innovation as well as industrial training after completion of each year.
The plumbing course will produce professionals who are capable of:
- Carry out installations of appliances and water pipes
- Maintain and repair water facilities and equipment.
- Install drainage and water disposal systems.
- Supervise and inspect works, upholding safety, health and environment standards.
- Forge and make fabricated facilities, fittings and products.
- Start and manage an enterprise.
- Uphold and promote safety standards in the workplace and general public.
To achieve the above competences, NTVTI emphasizes the following aspects of learning:
- Competence-Based Training Approach
- Real Life Practical Assignments with supporting modules
- Integrated Education (knowledge, skills, and positive attitude)
- Innovation and Initiative (learning to solve problems that one has never encountered)
- Upward Mobility and Concentric Curriculum
- Entrepreneurship and Creative orientation
- Environment, Health and Safety considerations
- Sports, Clubs and Social interactions
- Focus on the Disabled, Gender and Equality
- Sustainability, professional practice, general and specialized law
- Modularized programs
- Communication skills and HIV and AIDS education
A graduate of NCPL may be employed in the following organizations:
- Manufacturing /processing industries both in the private sector and public sector
- Service sectors like water distribution, sewerage, oil and gas, steam, engineering services/boards, corporations, and institutions
- Construction companies, public works department and rural development agencies
- Power generation, transmission and construction projects
- Self-employment in manufacturing and service sectors
- Technicians in educational institutions
Academic career prospects
NCPL graduates may opt to further their skills and education by offering a diploma and eventually a degree in any of the following areas:
- National Diploma in Water Engineering
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering
- National Diploma in Architecture
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- National Diploma in Information and Communication Technology
- Any Bachelor’s degree on fulfilling the mature age entry requirements
- Any Other Related Program
Alternatively, those who wish to establish businesses after acquiring skills can proceed with business related courses from diploma level and onwards
- Diploma in Business administration
- Diploma in entrepreneurship
- Diploma in procurement and logistics