At Ntinda Vocational Training Institute we offer services such as;
- Vocational Training
- National Certificate Courses
- Specialized Skills Short Courses
- Uganda Vocational Qualification Framework (UVQF) Craft Short Courses Level I & II
- Skills upgrading Trainings (Contract Trainings) Level III
- Tailor made Trainings
- Income Generation
- Auxiliary Support and Activities
- Career Guidance and Counselling
- I.C.T skills enhancement
- Co-curricular activities
- Cross-Cutting Issues (gender, H.I.V, environment, )
National Certificate Courses
Ntinda Vocational Training Institute (NT-VTI)the MAJOR course of business is the National Certificate training that is a National Certificate offered by Uganda Business and Technical Examination Board (UBTEB) running for a duration of two (2) years where a certificate is offered after each academic year.
This is the equivalent of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) offered by Uganda National Examination board (UNEB)
at Ntinda VTI we offer the basic courses in the following fields /Trades;
- National certificate in Automotive Mechanics (NCAM)
- National certificate in Electrical installation systems and Maintenance (NCES)
- National certificate in Fashion and Garment Design (NCFD)
- National certificate in Plumbing (NCPL)
- National certificate in Welding and Fabrication (NCWF)
the training capacity of Ntinda VTI is as follows;
- Automotive Mechanics – 30
- Electrical Installation systems and Maintenance-30
- Fashion and Garment Design -30
- Welding and fabrication -30
the Above mentioned courses are both hands on and related are emphasized especially for;
- for those that already have a vision on what they want to become in this world by specializing and focusing in their dream fields of study.
- want to obtain employment in factories, industries, sites workshops and setting up self-employment in future.
- after the completion of National Certificate , can later progress in academics while working and become great Engineers, Business Men and women, Instructors, Politicians, etc.
Two modes of Training are available from Monday to Friday every week:
Day session: 08:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Evening Session: 04:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Specialized Skills Short Courses
UVQF Craft Short Courses Level I & II
Ntinda VTI offers short course programs ranging from 1- 3 months in a phased manner on modular basis. Courses include;
- Welder Level I
- Welder Level II
- fabricator Level I
- Fabricator Level II
- Tailor Level I
- Tailor Level II
- Knitter Level I or Weaver ???
- Knitter Level II ???
- Automotive Service Mechanic Level I
- Automotive Service Mechanic Level II
- Auto Electrician Level I
- Auto Electrician Level II
- Plumber Level I
- Plumber Level II
- Sheet Metal Worker Level I
- Sheet Metal Worker Level II
- Electrician Level I
- Electrician Level II
- Solar system Level I
- Solar System Level II
Upgrading Trainings (Contract Trainings) Level III
Ntinda Vocational Training Institute offers contract training with cooperate companies and individuals as well that want to upgrade their staff with a few extra skills
this depends on the decision by mutual consultation with the contractor and or Individual.
it is an activity carried out within the institute compound/facilities or outside by a staff on behalf of the institute leading to the Institute leading to generation of income directly or indirectly. such an actitivty will have to attract revenue to the Institute.
The purpose of income generation activities;
- To compensate for the deficit of institute annual budget
- to expose the staff and Trainees to real world of work thereby enhancing their production abilities, knowledge and skills.
- As an alternative source to offset the institute operational costs
- To supplement on the staff income.
An income generation Policy is in place …..READ MORE
Career Guidance and Counselling
I.C.T skills enhancement
Cross-Cutting Issues (gender, H.I.V, environment, )