Electrical Installation Systems and Maintenance course is aimed at producing Electricians who are relevant to the industry and world of work. It is trainee-centered and practical-based. It emphasizes acquisition of skills by the trainees, through practical learning, projects and Innovation as well as industrial training after completion of each year.
- The course produces professionals who are capable of the following:
- Programming and troubleshooting industrial automation systems and carrying out electrical installation.
- Designing, drawing and interpreting electrical circuits and drawings.
- Repairing and maintaining electrical and electronic appliances/equipment.
- Erecting, installing and maintaining transmission and distribution power lines.
- Installing and maintaining a solar PV system.
- Initiating and managing small business enterprises.
- To achieve the above competences, NTVTI emphasizes the following aspects of learning:
- Competence-Based Training Approach.
- Real Life Practical Assignments with supporting modules.
- Integrated Education (knowledge, skills, and positive attitude)
- Innovation and Initiative (learning to solve problems that one has never encountered).
- Upward Mobility and Concentric Curriculum.
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity orientation.
- Environment, Health and Safety considerations.
- Sports, Clubs and Social interactions
- Communication skills and HIV and AIDS education
A graduate of NCES may be employed in the following Organizations:
- Manufacturing / production, processing and service industries both in the private and public sector.
- Power generation, transmission and construction projects.
- Construction companies, public works department and rural development agencies
- Oil and gas industries.
- Self-employment in installation and maintenance.
Future Academic progression
- NCES graduates may opt to further their skills and education by offering a diploma and eventually a degree in any of the following Engineering fields:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering.
- Diploma in Electronics.
- Diploma in Software Engineering.
- Diploma in Computer Engineering.
- Diploma in Information and Communication Engineering.
- Diploma in Any Other Related Course/ Program.